TRY the BYU Experience!

eligible man


If you:

  • have a completed high school diploma or equivalent
  • have a 2.0 GPA or higher in all college coursework (or have completed a baccalaureate-level degree or higher)
  • can submit an ecclesiastical endorsement

You can request Clearance to Register for BYU Evening Classes online. If you would like additional information, please give us a call.


If I come to BYU as an Evening Student and do well, will that allow me to be admitted to BYU and attend as a fully matriculated student in the future?

Evening Students at BYU who hope to become admitted to BYU in the future and earn a degree must be admitted through the standard admission process. Generally, students transferring to BYU with credits earned at other institutions are expected to have a minimum of 24 earned hours and have a competative GPA. Hours earned as an Evening Student at BYU will be counted as part of the earned hours and GPA requirement for transfer applicants. The Admissions website provides helpful information for prospective transfer students about entrance averages, truths regarding admissions myths, and more information about the holistic review process.

The Evening Classes academic advisor is happy to meet with Evening Students and prospective Evening Students. You can discuss your specific questions regarding transfer admissions to BYU, course selection, and general planning regarding higher education goals. He can also provide additional referrals for more information if needed. Appointments with our advisor are available in-person, over the phone, or via video conference. Please call our office at 801-422-2872 to schedule an appointment.

degree earning woman


BYU Evening Classes cannot be used to directly earn university degrees or academic certificates. Courses taken through Evening Classes may be able to satisfy degree requirements in transfer. If you need assistance to determine how to best utilize BYU Evening Classes towards your educational goals, please feel free to schedule an appointment with our academic advisor.

If you are interested in earning a degree from BYU, please contact the BYU admissions office or the Bachelor of General Studies program.

Other Frequently Asked Questions